At Gemini Pubs Ltd, we take the security of our customers’ financial and personal information very seriously and are wholly committed to protecting your privacy online. This page documents what we do to protect your important data, explaining when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, when we may disclose it to others, and how we store it. It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
When Do We Collect Information from You?
We may collect information from you when you visit us, contact us via telephone or email, use our website, or connect with us via social media. This includes such activities as when you take out a tasting card or voucher; attend an event; make a purchase; submit an enquiry; or follow, like or otherwise engage with us on social media platforms. We have CCTV installed in public areas of our premises for crime prevention purposes.
If you are interested in subscribing to our mailing list (to receive communications from us such as newsletters or bulletins on our latest news and offers), we may ask you to register with us by providing your name, email address, geographical address and other personal information. Registration is essential when making a purchase from us in order to complete the task and may require additional personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you for differing purposes, such as:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, image, online username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data includes email address, physical address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website;
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services;
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. This includes:
- To help us understand more about how our website is used, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us, in order to help us improve our site and to send you information which we think may be of interest to you, both electronically or otherwise.
- To process your order, booking or event reservation.
- To process your purchases, including for products, events, tasting cards or gift vouchers.
- For processing entries into promotions, competitions or events.
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- To notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements, and service or product changes.
- To send/otherwise provide you with information about our goods or services as requested by you or otherwise consented to receive (such as by registering for our mailing list). This may include information about products, events, promotions, offers, job offers and replies to requests and bookings/product enquiries. You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing.
- For our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
Who Has Access to Your Information?
We confirm that we keep your data on a secure server and comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control. We have secure password protected databases.
We confirm we do not sell your personal information to third parties. We will never share your information with others for their marketing purposes. We may pass your information to reputable third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you (e.g. Enomatic for the processing of tasting cards; SagePay for the processing of payments; Mail Chimp for direct marketing communications). When we use such third-party providers, we disclose only the personal information necessary to deliver the particular service. These parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality and will process your personal data only on our instruction.
Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard the personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
Shopping online with us is as safe as shopping in a store or over the phone. If you pay using a credit or debit card the transaction is carried out on our behalf by one of the world's leading e-commerce financial transaction handlers, SagePay. All personal and credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet, to ensure your details are safe while being passed between you and us. To protect your data further, your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a database that is away from our Website database, so it isn't connected to the Internet. As additional security our online payment transactions use the CVV2 number (the last three digits on the signature strip of your credit or debit card) to guard against card fraud. Credit card transactions are issued a digital certificate, ensuring that your data can only be read by our transaction system as long as your browser shows its secure mode symbol (such as a key or closed lock).
To make the most of the security on our site, we recommend using Microsoft® Internet Explorer™ version 4.0 or higher, which enable SSL. We also recommend setting your browser's preferences to accept cookies and enable Java™.
How Long Will We Hold Your Data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. Should you unsubscribe from our mailing list we may still hold your personal data on our database to the extent permitted by law.
Unsubscribing / Opting Out: We will not make contact with you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in/registered with us. If you change your mind or no longer wish to receive communications from us about our news and offers, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of marketing emails we send you;
- Email us at email@example.com and we will process your request as soon as practicable.
Links to Other Websites
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. This includes the right to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you. (It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current and so we would ask that you please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.) You also have the legal right to request that we do not process your personal data or share it with third parties. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information The Sipster holds about you at any time. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 9086 3206.